Monday, October 28, 2013

Im a tough mudder mother!

What a weekend!

I flew into Dallas Friday morning. Got to the small town hours before everyone else so decided to get a massage. YIPPEE!  The only person I knew on my team was my step-mom so I got to meet up with everyone Friday night. They were all so welcoming and nice!

Saturday we completed the tough mudder in right around 4 hours. It was harder and easier than I thought it would be all in one. I handled the off road running very well. The obsticals I was scared of for the most part were no where near as difficult as I thought they would be. The cage and tunnels were so much fun! The arctic enema was HORRIBLE. I never ever want to experience anything like that ever again! I jumped in and then I coudlnt get air to go in my lungs. I felt like a fish out of water. I completed it but omg so scary!

We stayed together as a team thank goodness! Initially we thought the team would break into two based on fitness level but the more fit of the group were injured so we all stuck together. I couldnt have completed it without the help of the guys.





Now the not so great part - there were periods during this event that I was very self conscience about my size. I was only a one in a handful of girls size 12 or up. And when it got to the point where I needed someone to lift me over a wall or when you had to carry someone I was very aware of my size.

On the plus side - great inspiration... I do NOT want to feel like that ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment